If you’re looking to add another plant-based recipe to your collection, this Rainbow Heirloom Carrot Noodle Salad recipe is a keeper!
I was inspired by all the zoodle (zucchini noodles) recipes I’ve seen on Pinterest and Instagram a few years back. So when I went to Sprouts this past week and saw beautifully colored heirloom carrots, I thought to myself “If you can make noodles out of zucchini, you can make noodles out of these carrots!”. Hence this Rainbow Heirloom Carrot Noodle Salad creation.
Rainbow Heirloom Carrot Noodle Salad Recipe (2 servings)
- 3 Rainbow Heirloom Carrots - any color of your choice!
- ½ Head of Broccoli
- ½ Avocado
- Cherry Tomatoes - halves, diced, or whole (your preference)
- Half Lemon, squeezed
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- pinch of salt
1. Peel away to make carrot noodles! Peel the carrots lengthwise with a peeler. Make sure you throw away the initial peel with the skin.
2. Chop the broccoli into florets, dice your avocado, slice your cherry tomatoes however you prefer.
3. Combine all the ingredients into a big bowl! Add carrot noodles into a big bowl along with your broccoli florets, avocado dices, and cherry tomatoes. Squeeze the lemon into the bowl, add the pinch of salt, and olive oil.
4. Mix it all around. I just used my hands to mix all the ingredients but feel free to use your salad tossing tools.
And...you’re ready to serve! I find that it’s best to serve within the same day. Otherwise, if you pack it for lunch the next day, you’ll notice that the freshness of the salad has been compromised.
Tried this recipe? Let me know your thoughts in the comments or tag @speckledbliss on Instagram!